Monday, December 21, 2009

Lemony Snicket

I fell in love with this pattern some time ago, but it wasn't until now that I've decided to cast-on for these socks based off of Lemony Snicket – A Series of Unfortunate Events.



The only downside to doing this pattern on two circular needles is the traveling cables that are suppose to happen in between the two socks. If you've knit socks on two circ's you might be familiar to the danger having to move stitches.

This is not an easy task when it comes to knitting two-at-a-time. If you plan on having the traveling cable meet with the other cable on the other side then stitches need to be placed on holders. Then when they travel back to the other side then again your moving stitches.



I chose to not travel the stitches on either ends of the socks. The cables will run more like a panel on top and a panel to the back. Life if too short for me to do this finicky task.

I don't think these will be done in time for xmas but I'm hoping a late gift will still be appreciated.

No comments: