Thursday, October 08, 2009

That which wasn't documented...

I don't know exactly what's in the water lately, but it seem there are tons of people popping out babies... I alone personally know of 3 who are preggers, two more by association and one who just had a baby.



This is Larry. Larry works at the Panera where we gather for our South Suburban Stitch 'n Bitch. His wife is due in November with a little boy. I pumped out that hat he so fabulously has topped on his head.

The pattern is from the Itty-Bitty hats book and is called Vertical Stripes.

As cute as it turned out I don't think I will ever. ever. knit that again. It was a quick knit, but knitting in cotton and trying to not have gaps in between the strips was next to impossible. Just to fussy.

In one weekend I was done and the next SnB night I handed it over to Larry who just gushed. Hadn't even realized that I hadn't done a "real" photo shoot with the hat yet until I was heading home. I think I've become a snob photographer. I'd rather redo the photo shoot then post a unflattering photo.



My latest project has been something simple and mindless. Toe-up socks for my son. Let me rephrase that: These are Huge Ass Socks for my Son's Size 13 Feet!

The great thing about toe-up is you knit until you run out of yarn and I'll be doing exactly that. I hope he likes anklets;)

1 comment:

k_purls2 said...

I wanted to make that hat and was wondering. It is so cute though! I'm not in the mood for fussy. I too know 5 people having babies.