Monday, October 26, 2009

FO: Ishbel



Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda

Yarn: 1.25 skeins of Isager Strik Alpaca 2

Needles: US 6 circular

Started: October 14, 2009

Finished: October 23, 2009



This is one very popular pattern and you'd think it would be a fairly easy knit if so many people have made it. Well, I was wrong. It was very difficult for me. There is something about that darn yarn-over move that just makes my life hell. This is not to say that it isn't easy for someone else and I certainly don't want anyone to think I didn't like doing it. Granted NOBODY likes having to rip out anything, but this was an obsessed challenge that was I was not going to lose at.

Ishbel = 0 / Me = 1



The only modification that I did was knitting the larger size lace pattern on my smaller stockinette beginning. I did have to dip into a second skein which makes me ponder... Could I get a small version out of just one skein?

With the leftover yarn I'm going to cast-on for the Ishbel beret. I foresee tons more cussing;)

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

How did you find leaves to match your yarn???? I have to confess, I love the look of Ishbel, I have ripped it out so many times though, it is laying in a bag waiting for me to reach the end of all my other WIPS before I go back to it. I won't rip it out completely, I refuse to be beaten by it, but I will postpone the fight as long as possible.

KathyR said...

Oooo, pretty!!

k_purls2 said...

Tama lama inspired me to make it. I had a very hard time too. In fact, I didn't even do the last repeat (D) I think it was. Bound that baby off on Monday after throwing it in the dungeon for a month. Yours is beautiful. You're brave for doing the hat.