Tuesday, September 08, 2009

To Rip... or Not!



It might look to the average knitter that this is just an update post. What your about to find out is that I haven't touched this in over a week. I normally do at least a row or two. Why you ask?

Because I'm faced with the task of having to RIP.



I should have done the armhole decreases every right side row, 5 times. BUT, NO! Not me. I chose to do them every 5 rows. [head-slams-on-desk].

I keep thinking there has to be a way to solve this without ripping back. Yet, I believe I'm stuck. I just don't have the heart in me to rip it back yet. Perhaps a few more days.

[To distract you from my obvious blunder] Look over there! A Deer!



This past weekend was filled with many delights... apple picking, bike rides and trip to Wisconsin for Renaissance Fair.



Miss Mac wore her princess outfit and was greeted with many 'Me Lady's that she was thrilled. Definitely in her element!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I've ripped things so often it no longer bothers me. Granted, most of the major ripping is stuff I've been making up as I go. It bothers my husband more than it bothers me. But still, that's a lot of work you've done and it's so pretty. I think I find it harder to rip if I have to do the same thing again... easier if I start something new. Wow, that was long, sorry. The fair looks like it was lots of fun!

k_purls2 said...

Uggh! Ripping! I've been doing it all week, so I feel ya!
Ms. Mac is so cute

Anonymous said...

Why not just seam your sleeve cap in a little to mimic the shape of the correct shaping? I've done that before. Knitted fabric is very forgiving. Don't rip....