Friday, January 07, 2011

FO: Laminaria

Laminaria-FO3

Pattern: Laminaria by Elizabeth Freeman

Yarn: 1 skein Stitch Sisterz Lace weight cashmere, 100g ball in the Lime colorway

Needles: US 5 circular needle

Started: November 26, 2010

Finished: January 1, 2011

I loved making this and have even contemplated making another. The yarn is fabulous to work with and even making the largest size shawl I could have added repeats to make this even larger.

The only reason why I didn't was because I was concerned about the need to have at least 1/3 of the yarn in reserve to finish the edge charts and bind off using two strands.

Laminaria-FO2

This will most likely be the only shot with me wearing it, as the temps in Chicago are ridiculously cold. Wind chill this morning was around 10 degrees.

Laminaria-FO4

You know, if I hadn't ripped back a full chart repeat I would have been done with this before Christmas. A lace shawl in a months time. Yeah, that is crazy, but a good crazy.

Laminaria-FO

No comments: