Monday, November 01, 2010

Heading to the Rolling Hills of Ireland

The pattern might be called Bermuda Scarf, but I'm dubbing this project the Rolling Hills of Ireland.

The night that I cast-on for the Kauni Shawl at Stitches Midwest, I knew I had to go back to that booth and pick out another colorway. This one in particular caught my eye. Those greens.. oh yeah baby, talk about sensory overload.

IrelandHills-110510

The scarf is designed in such a way that you sway back and forth with short rows and eyelets to create this wave effect.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous! After looking at your lovely Kauni Shawl, I have just purchased two skeins in contrasting colourways to make a version inspired by yours, as I don't think you can get the pattern in the UK. Ah well, I'm sure I can wing it. The Bermuda Pattern is one I've not seen either, and it really is clever.

mamayaga said...

I'm not a fan of greens but this is gorgeuos.