Monday, November 15, 2010

FO: Every Way Wrap

EveryWayWrap-FO5

Pattern: Every Way Wrap by Okmin Park

Yarn: 7 skeins Aussi Worsted - Oasis Yarn

Needles: US 7 circular needle

Started: January 10, 2010

Finished: September 14, 2010

EveryWayWrap-FO7

The day I finished this was very memorable. It was my birthday and my refrigerator had just died. I spent hours trying to save what little food I had and threw away tons of condiments that no one person should conceivably have on hand. At least the day ended on a bright note with this beautiful wrap.

EveryWayWrap-FO1

I did modify this a little as my gauge was a little off. The pattern is adjustable in that way to accommodate chest differences, so it wasn't really a stretch.

I did notice that about half way through the wrap I hadn't done the little 2-stitch cable twist on the outside border. I then figured if I hadn't noticed in all this time, it really didn't matter in the end.

There was a bit of a lag with on getting this project posted... really it was me trying to find the right shawl pin. It's not easy finding the right one. Do I go for metal, wood, bone. sigh. In the end the best value and design was a rosewood pin from Pattern Works. Hey... and you know what? I can use this as a sword in a pinch;)

EveryWayWrap-FO9

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

It looks fabulous. It is definitely staying on my queue.

mamayaga said...

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.!!!!