Sunday, May 02, 2010

Knit & Crochet Blog Week: Day 7

What a Yarn

There’s one love that we all share: yarn. Blog about a particular yarn you have used in the past or own in your stash, or perhaps one that you covet from afar. If it is a yarn you have used you could show the project that you used it for, perhaps writing a mini ‘review’. Perhaps, instead, you pine for the feel of the almost mythical qiviut? You could explore and research the raw material and manufacturing process if you were feeling investigative.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Shelridge Farms. Love it. I was introduced to this yarn back in 2007 at Stitches Midwest when I purchased some sock yarn. I picked out a variegated brown colorway. Choosing this color was to get me out of my typical colors that I would normally pick. Those socks are my favorite and they're brown.

So after discovering this love I then choose to go back and pick up some DK weight at the next Stitches event for a cardigan to see how deep my love could go. I picked up enough for the Celtic Icon which is in the Inspired Cable Knits book. I blog about it here. This sweater is one of my all time go-to sweaters.

Last year Shelridge did not have a booth at Stitches and I was very disappointed. I'm hoping they'll be there this year but I can only hope.


knitcroblo7

1 comment:

A :-) said...

Shelridge Farm is on the Vendor List for Michigan and Stitches both - so looks like you'll get your wish :-)