Friday, November 20, 2009

FO: Ornament Covers



Pattern: Knitted Christmas Ornament Covers by Knoxsocks Designs

Yarn: Cascade 220 (scraps really - perhaps 25 yards, if that)

Needles: US 5 dpns

Started: November 15, 2009

Finished: November 19, 2009

Modification: The bulbs I had on hand were a little bit larger then what was in the pattern, so I just knit a few more rows to make up for it. The pattern is so stretchy that it just hugs the shape.



I did get busted by the Millennium Park Security when I took these photos. He asked me while he was approaching me... "Taking pictures of the tree, are you?" and I turn towards him and say "Not exactly." His head tilts to the side with the look we've all seen. "You made those?" why yes, yes I did.

He was very sweet, but he couldn't understand why I would do such a thing. It's okay, lots of people don't get. I'm still wondering if he's curious why I knit Christmas ornaments or why I was taking pictures of my knitted Christmas ornaments. Most likely both.

1 comment:

niaskywalk said...

is it illegal to take photographs in Millenium Park or something?

LOVELY ornaments... Looks like something I can actually get around to doing too. And might make excellent gifts! Thanks for the idea :-)