Friday, July 04, 2014

Dreap Swatch

The next 2 patterns for the Enchanted Garden ebook are designed in this color scheme:

Dreap-colorpallet

This yarn is the Knit Picks Wool of Andes Sport that comes is a wide selection to choose from. When I started working with this yarn it was giving me all kinds of problems. Yet it wasn't the yarns fault. When working two colors in stranded knitting you need to increase your needle size to accommodate the for the extra bulk. I was so much happier once I went up a needle size.

See, even designers sometimes have 'Duh' moments. Yeah, I had to rip back 6 inches of work, but ultimately the yarn was happy and so was I.

Here is a snippet of the swatch:

Dreap-swatch-sample

Love these colors together! Kind of makes me swoon just a little. There was some design alts right in the middle of this project, which you'll here about next time.

Happy Knitting!

No comments: