Thursday, July 21, 2011

Woobie Bear Pattern

The Woobie Bear has been released into the wild!

WoobieBearTop-sm

This adorable snuggle bear is number 2 in the series of Woobies... be on the lookout for more to come.

One great thing that I'm loving is working with the Cascade Superwash Sport. It knits up beautifully and with the yarn being a superwash, it gives me peace of mind knowing I don't have to worry about spills and messes.

Size: 14 in / 35.5 cm square blanket

Yarn: Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Sport (136 yd/124 m, 1.75oz/50g ball), Brown #818: 2 balls, Off White #817: 1 ball

Materials: 32 in / 81 cm - US #3 / 3.25mm circular needle, Set of 5 - US #3 / 3.25mm double pointed needles, 8 stitch markers, waste yarn, size B / 2.25mm crochet hook, poly-fill, embroidery floss and yarn needle. Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.

Gauge: 26 sts and 34 rows = 4 inch [10 cm] in stockinette stitch. Every knitter’s gauge is unique, so be sure to check.

WoobieBearFace

WoobieBear-Cover-Pattern

3 comments:

sdritz said...

Love it! My question is how difficult is this pattern? Is it something a beginner/intermediate knitter could do?

Kris said...

This is not a difficult pattern at all. There are some different techniques that might be new to a beginner. The great thing is that there are detailed explanations on these techniques.

Unknown said...

I made Your Woobie Bear. It took me several tries on the hem and transitioning to the head since I am a novice knitter but I didn't give up and it worked. Now I would love to make a regular bear with the yarn I have left over that would match the woobie, or be like a mommy bear, for the intended recipient's big sis. Any thoughts? It was my first knitted toy, I wish I knew enough to make a body for the head.