Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Just a Warm Up for Stitches

Over the weekend a bunch of us hauled up to The Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair. I can say that I stayed on budget (big win!) and I'm very pleased with my purchases.

MFFF-stash-071710

Caricia is the lace pattern to the right that is calling to me and I don't know if I'll be able to resist casting-on. The Highlighter Tape will help with the lace charts and I loved finding the cashmere lace at the Stitch Sisterz booth. The leather strap was from the Homestead Heirlooms booth and I'm hoping it will go with a knitted purse pattern I have. The Cast-On Magazine was new to me so I had to get that...

I didn't get much, as this is just a warm up to Stitches which takes place in just a few short weeks. I do need to build up my stamina as the fair was slightly daunting. The rest of the weekend I spend napping and knitting. If I'm to survive a full weekend of fiber love then I better start some sort of regimen.

In other big news...

Coraline-yoke

Sleeves are being connected to the body on Coraline. Hoot!

3 comments:

Knitterary said...

It was a fun day! Yes, a great warm-up for stitches.

You should bring your featherweight to stitches. We can repair it together.

urban muser said...

looks like you got some good loot. i am hoping to catch homestead heirlooms at rhinebeck this year.

Kris said...

Oh Knitterary you are the best.