Friday, July 17, 2009

Loads of Knitting To Do

When change comes in your life you sometimes have to take a breath and step back and ponder over how you've come to be where you are. I've been doing a lot of pondering and stepping back. Change has come to our little part of the world and I'm constantly trying to look at the bright side. There are tons of things to be thankful for and to dwell on the negative will never help my family nor my own peace of mind.

We will not be moving anytime soon, BUT I have a beautiful bathroom that is all mine. Things could be worse and when I'm needing a little therapy I always turn to my knitting.

A couple of weeks ago I started a cardigan for Miss Mac. It's a free pattern from Knitty named: Starsky Jr.



The cables in the pattern create these tree like branches and leaf like textures that makes it a fun knit. The yarn is a superwash Cascade 220 because I can't have this sweater destroyed in the wash the first time it slips past in the endless piles of laundry.



Fronts and back are complete and I've moved on to the sleeves. The purple is really hard to photograph and it never really looks right in any photo. I'm hoping to have this done in time for Miss Mac's birthday come the end of August. I don't think I'll have too much of an issue getting that done.



The other project that is on the needles right now is the Faery Ring (Ravelry Link). It has been a little fiddly with the up turned hem on the bottom and then picking up more ridiculous amounts of stitches to work my way up the jacket. sigh. I'm to the point of the stockinette body which is good for movies and car rides, but really isn't to distracting.

I better be on my toes, because before you know it I'll toss this sucker off to the side and start another project. Hummmm, what was my next project going to be?

No comments: